Strictly Come Dancing fans can finally relax after months of anxiety, as professional dancer Johannes Radebe has definitively confirmed his return to the BBC series. The South African dance star, who has been a beloved fixture on the show for seven years, appeared to address and dismiss swirling rumours about his potential departure during a recent television appearance.
Emotional Exit Sparks Concern
Speculation about Radebe's future on Strictly Come Dancing began to intensify following his emotional exit from the 2025 season. Paired with ER actress Alex Kingston, the duo were eliminated in a dance-off, prompting an visibly emotional farewell from the professional dancer. His heartfelt comments to host Tess Daly, where he expressed eternal gratitude to his "Strictly family," were interpreted by many viewers as a potential goodbye to the programme.
Fans took to social media platforms like Reddit and X to voice their concerns, with one observer noting: "It really sounds like Johannes doesn't intend to be back next series currently." Another commented: "I hope it's not Johannes' last year on #Strictly? The way he said to my Strictly family and saying thank you etc. I hope he's not leaving!" This collective worry created a cloud of uncertainty around one of the show's most popular professionals.
Definitive Confirmation on National Television
The speculation was directly addressed on the BBC's Graham Norton Show, where host Graham Norton confronted Radebe about the rumours. Norton referenced the dancer's emotional departure, asking pointedly: "I've got to ask you, while you're here, Johannes, a lot of Strictly fans, myself included, were a bit worried, you were very boo hoo when you said goodbye to Alex Kingston on Strictly, is that the end? Are you not coming back to Strictly?"
Radebe's response brought immediate relief to concerned viewers. He enthusiastically declared: "Graham, I will do that show for as long as they will have me. It's a magical, sparkling world, I love it." This unambiguous statement effectively confirms his participation in the upcoming 2026 season, marking what will be his eighth year on the programme since joining in 2018.
Broader Changes to Strictly Come Dancing
While Radebe's return provides continuity, the show is undergoing significant changes elsewhere. Original host Tess Daly and long-term co-presenter Claudia Winkleman have both departed the series, creating one of the most substantial presenting vacancies in British television. Speculation about their replacements has been rampant, with radio host Zoe Ball emerging as a frontrunner for the position.
Ball's father, Johnny Ball, revealed last December that discussions were ongoing, stating: "Nothing's going to be decided until after Easter, but she's in the mix, and people are coming to her." He added that his daughter "would love the job" and noted her previous experience hosting the Strictly spin-off show It Takes Two. Zoe Ball herself has expressed interest, telling The Sunday Times Style Magazine: "Obviously there's part of me that would love to do it. I love that show."
The Enduring Appeal of Strictly Come Dancing
Radebe's reaffirmed commitment underscores the enduring appeal of Strictly Come Dancing, which will return for its 24th season later this year. The programme continues to captivate audiences with its blend of celebrity competition, professional expertise, and theatrical spectacle. Radebe's description of the show as a "magical, sparkling world" reflects the enchantment that has made it a Saturday night staple for millions of British viewers.
As preparations begin for the new season, fans can now look forward to seeing Radebe's distinctive choreography and charismatic presence on the ballroom floor once again. His confirmation brings stability to a show in transition, ensuring that at least one familiar face will guide another batch of celebrity contestants through the challenges and triumphs of the competition.