Teenager Films Himself Stabbing Schoolmates in London Classroom Attack
Boy Films Stabbing Schoolmates in London Classroom Attack

Teenager Films Himself Stabbing Schoolmates in London Classroom Attack

A 13-year-old boy filmed himself stabbing two of his former schoolmates with a kitchen knife during a violent classroom assault, a youth court heard this morning. The defendant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of attempting to murder two pupils, aged 12 and 13, at Kingsbury High School in Brent, north London, on Tuesday, leaving them with serious injuries.

Multiple Charges in Shocking School Incident

The boy faces additional charges of spraying a noxious substance, specifically ant repellent, at a third child and unlawful possession of a knife on school grounds. The defendant, a former pupil at the school, appeared in the dock at Westminster Magistrates' Court today wearing dark trousers and a grey top, speaking only to confirm his name and date of birth.

Prosecutor Kathryn Selby detailed how the boy arrived at the school armed with a kitchen knife at 12:40pm on Tuesday. 'He was recorded on CCTV entering a classroom,' Ms Selby told the court. 'He immediately sprayed a pupil directly in the face with a can of ant spray.'

Violent Assaults Captured on Camera

Once inside the classroom, the defendant launched an unprovoked assault on another pupil by stabbing him in the neck. 'That victim suffered three stab wounds, a fracture to his spine and injuries to his neck and hand requiring surgery,' Ms Selby explained. Both assaults occurred in the presence of the teacher and other children, with pupils cowering in the corner of the classroom trying to stay safe during the attack.

The prosecutor described how the defendant left the classroom and 'within a minute' launched another unprovoked attack on a third victim in the playground. This victim suffered a 3cm stab wound to his neck. Both stabbing victims remain in hospital with potentially life-changing injuries, though they are not thought to be life-threatening.

'Child C is severely traumatised by the attack and has not yet been able to make a formal statement,' Ms Selby added regarding the pupil sprayed with ant repellent.

Footage Recovery and Arrest Details

The defendant left the school and remained undetected for approximately three hours before seeking refuge in a mosque, where he spoke to an Imam while crying. He was subsequently arrested, with police recovering the knife, can of ant spray, and an iPhone 13 from his pocket.

Ms Selby revealed that 'footage shows he filmed the entire attack. He recorded imagery of the assaults on all three victims on his iPhone.' Chief Magistrate Paul Goldspring remanded the boy in a youth detention facility ahead of a preliminary hearing at the Old Bailey on February 27.

Community Response and Official Statements

Commander Helen Flanagan from Counter Terrorism Policing London stated before the hearing: 'These are extremely serious charges against a young boy, and we continue to support the victims and their families, as well as the wider school community following this shocking incident.' She confirmed the investigation remains ongoing with detectives continuing enquiries in the local area.

In the wake of the attack, Councillor Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, said the community had been 'shattered by an unthinkable act of violence.' He expressed that thoughts remain with the two boys in hospital, who are thankfully now in stable condition, and wished them well with their recovery.

Councillor Butt paid tribute to the teachers and staff led by Headteacher Alex Thomas at Kingsbury High School, stating: 'You protected your students and showed extraordinary care and courage.' He emphasized that 'knife crime is neither normal nor inevitable' and called for society to do more to tackle the anger, fear and pain affecting young people.