13-Year-Old Arrested for Attempted Murder After Double Stabbing at London School
Teen Arrested After Two Pupils Stabbed at London School

13-Year-Old Arrested on Suspicion of Attempted Murder After Double Stabbing at London School

A 13-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a violent incident at Kingsbury High School in Brent, northwest London. Police were called to the school at 12.40pm on Tuesday after reports emerged that a 13-year-old boy had been stabbed. Upon arrival, officers discovered that a second victim, a 12-year-old boy, had also been stabbed during the attack.

Victims in Serious Condition as Counter-Terrorism Officers Take Over Investigation

Both injured boys are currently in a serious condition and are receiving urgent medical care. One victim was transported to a major trauma centre, while the other was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. In a significant development, officers from Counter-Terrorism Policing London have assumed control of the investigation, although authorities have emphasized that the incident has not yet been formally declared a terrorist attack.

Superintendent Luke Williams, who leads policing in northwest London, confirmed that the suspect left the scene following the stabbing but was apprehended after urgent police inquiries. Officers also recovered a weapon believed to have been used in the attack. The suspect remains in police custody for questioning.

Community in Shock as Parents Gather at School Gates

The violent incident has sent shockwaves through the local community, with worried parents gathering at the school entrance hours after the normal finishing time. Police officers spoke to pupils in the school hall more than three hours after classes had ended, while many parents struggled to contact their children as phones had been left in bags during the emergency.

One mother told the Barnet Borough Times: "I've been panicking – a lot of kids don't have their phones on them so I couldn't get through. They had to leave their bags and stuff. At least I have her now. It's awful – so awful – what happened, that someone would even bring a knife to a school."

Political Leaders Express Horror and Urge Cooperation with Police

London Mayor Sir Sadiq Khan issued a strong statement urging anyone with information about the attack to come forward immediately, emphasizing: "There is no honour in staying silent. This awful violence has absolutely no place in our city."

Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood expressed that her thoughts and prayers were with the children stabbed in what she described as a "shocking" attack. She thanked police for their rapid work in arresting the suspect and urged the public to give investigators space to pursue their inquiries.

Education Secretary Bridget Phillipson said she was heartbroken by the incident, while Dawn Butler, MP for Brent East, expressed being deeply shocked and saddened. Brent Council leader Muhammed Butt added: "No parent should ever have to fear for their child's safety at school, and it is horrifying to think of how someone so young came to be in possession of a weapon capable of causing such harm."

School Community Grapples with Traumatic Event

In a letter to parents and carers, Kingsbury High School headteacher Alex Thomas described the stabbings as "a deeply traumatic event for the whole school community." He confirmed that the school is working closely with authorities and promised to provide further updates as soon as confirmed information becomes available.

Kingsbury High School is an academy school for children aged 11 to 18, with both upper and lower sites. According to Department for Education records, the school has 1,997 pupils. Notable alumni include singer George Michael and jazz musician Courtney Pine.

Superintendent Williams emphasized that police are keeping an open mind regarding any potential motivation behind the attack. The investigation team is now working at pace to gather evidence and establish the full circumstances of what occurred as quickly as possible.