New footage has emerged of former MLB pitcher Trevor Bauer looking dazed and confused after a horror car crash in Scottsdale, Arizona on Wednesday. The 35-year-old, who was blackballed by franchises in 2021 over sexual assault allegations, escaped unhurt after another driver collided with his $600,000 McLaren sports car, sending him spinning out of control.
Footage Shows Disorientation After Crash
The video, obtained by the Daily Mail, captures Bauer's initial reaction moments after the crash at around 2:30pm. A bystander approaches his McLaren, which was resting against a street pole after being hit on the driver's side door by a sedan. Bauer slides across the passenger seat and climbs out, as a witness exclaims, 'Holy s***. Dude, don't move too fast. That was a direct hit.' Bauer responds, 'Dude, what the f***?'
The witness then inspects the damaged vehicle and the other car, which had its front end crushed. Parts of the car were strewn across the road. Officials confirmed no injuries or hospitalizations resulted from the crash.
Details of the Incident
Sources close to Bauer told TMZ that he was driving within the 45mph speed limit and in the correct lane when the other driver struck him, causing him to spin out. In aftermath images, Bauer—wearing a backwards cap—can be seen speaking with police officers. It is understood no parties required hospital treatment.
Bauer was reportedly in Arizona for medical treatment for a back injury that has placed him on the Long Island Ducks injury list. He has been suffering back spasms while playing in the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball but remains hopeful of returning to a Major League team.
Previous McLaren Incident
This is not the first time Bauer has been involved in a scary incident with a McLaren supercar. In 2019, he posted a photo of his smashed 650S, writing: 'Yesterday, if you told me a semi truck would total my McLaren, I [wouldn't] have believed you. If you told me it would happen like THIS? I would've said you're out of your mind.' At that time, a tire flew off a truck, smashed through a dealership window, and landed on his car.
Ongoing MLB Return Search
Bauer continues to seek a return to Major League Baseball after serving a suspension—initially 324 games, later reduced to 194. He was never criminally charged following sexual assault allegations by a San Diego woman and has maintained his innocence. Speaking last week, he revealed no MLB teams have offered to sign him, even though he offered to play for free. The former Cy Young Award winner had hoped his move to the Long Island Ducks would lead to an MLB return, but that seems unlikely. On OutKick's 'Don't @ Me with Dan Dakich', Bauer said: 'I don't know exactly what goes on behind the scenes. I have my suspicions, of course. All I know is what the pattern is that we see. I can't tell you how many different teams we've talked to.'



