EXCLUSIVE: Leonardo DiCaprio, one of the most recognisable actors in the world, has largely evaded detection during his reported sojourn at this year's Cannes Film Festival. The 51-year-old star, known for his role in One Battle After Another, is a regular at the French festival, often staying on luxury chartered superyachts anchored in the Bay of Cannes or high-end suites at elite locations such as the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc to maintain a low profile.
A master of disguise when he hits the chic Southern French town, DiCaprio seems to have excelled his own talents this year, as nobody appears to have seen him at all as the two-week festival draws to a close. However, he has enjoyed a recent low-key afternoon at the famous celebrity haunt, The Hotel Martinez, which is one of the key filming locations for the much-anticipated new season of HBO's The White Lotus.
Low-Key Encounter at Hotel Martinez
A bartender at the hotel's bar, which underwent a major makeover last year and now resembles a high-end, red-lit speakeasy, shared his encounter with the Mirror on Tuesday. The bartender noted that Fast and Furious star Michelle Rodriguez is currently staying at the exclusive hotel.
"Leo keeps a very, very low profile when he's here," the bartender told the Mirror. "He's a massive star and understandably, very private. He just doesn't want to be mobbed when he's out for a drink or two. But I did rustle up some cocktails for him here in the bar a few days ago."
They added: "He was sitting in a corner with a couple of very beautiful women. They were deep in conversation as they enjoyed some drinks and he was clearly having a great time. He's low-key as he doesn't want to be bothered, but he's not quiet! I've met him a few times now. He's also a big character, we had some laughs when I brought drinks to his table. Leo's a great guy."
DiCaprio's Disguise and Environmental Passion
Famed for going to extreme lengths to stay off the radar when attending high-profile events, DiCaprio, who has been dating Italian supermodel Vittoria Ceretti since 2023, has been spotted in various versions of the baseball cap, hoodie, and sunglasses ensemble in an effort to evade the paparazzi. He chooses his public appearances wisely, and a source told the Mirror that he is rumoured to be one of the A-listers attending an event on Wednesday night hosted by Time magazine, called "Bee Wise: Bring the Bees Back."
This would certainly chime with his passion for the planet. The LA-born star, who has been nominated for an Academy Award seven times and won in 2016 for his gruelling survival performance in The Revenant, has for decades been one of Hollywood's loudest environmental activists, dedicating over $100 million in grants to fight climate change and protect biodiversity.
DiCaprio has spent the spring filming in the Czech Republic for regular collaborator Martin Scorsese's upcoming thriller What Happens at Night, with co-star Jennifer Lawrence. The film, an Apple Original, follows a married American couple traveling to a snowy European location to adopt a baby.



